Spas are a great way to relieve stress! Stressed out people are taking advantage of Spas in record numbers. More and more women, men and teens are prioritizing spa visits, making salons and spas among the trendiest hangouts to date. Why?
One, stress is one of the major causes of diseases like cancer and most other sicknesses. It has been proven that the benefits of a spa experience are very effective in reducing stress.
Second, where else can one feel pampered and beautiful at affordable prices? Most of all, they provide a fun way to just hang out with your friends and acquaintances.
A spa gives you an all-encompassing experience.
Depending on ones choice, it can be a great way to jumpstart a diet or make a major lifestyle change in a supportive environment. The relaxing atmospere of a spa experience has a very powerful healing effect on your body.
It used to be that spas were about relaxation, beauty and pampering. Now the new demand is for healing modalities- body therapies that focus on moving energy in the body.
Basic treatments at a spa may involve several things:
The most popular service and the best place to start is Therapeutic Massage. Massage has a number of health benefits.
The second most popular service is the European Facial. This involves skin analysis, deep cleansing, massage, and extraction. Body treatments are essentially facials for the whole body. The most popular body treatment is a salt glow or body scrub.
Hydrotherapy tubs, steambaths and saunas may be included in the array of utilities offered. Saunas are deeply relaxing and a great way to melt away stress. They are valuable in stimulating circulation, improving the elimination of waste products through the skin.
Many spas offer manicures and pedicures, and spa/salons offer hair cutting and styling services. Some spas offer a wide selection of exercise and outdoor activities to choose from. Even an exercise as simple as walking will make and keep our bodies fit. Our bodies can only function if the body structure is sound and our blood is pure. Spas continue to be considered a sanctuary from stress.
- Always check to see what’s included. Meals? Treatments? Tax? Service fees? And some resort spas even charge extra for yoga or aerobic classes.
- Tips of 15-20% are typical at day spas. The therapist gets just 40% to 50% of the fee for the service at most, so they rely on tips.
- Destination and resort spas often charge a service fee of 15-20%, but they keep most of that-sometimes all of it-themselves. So if you really appreciated your service, tips are appreciated if not expected.
- Best Spa-Bargains is that you can save by traveling off-season. In the Northeast, rates are lower in the winter, higher in the summer. It’s the reverse in the Southwest and Florida.
- Plan your stay during the week rather than on weekends. A Thursday night arrival will cost more than a Sunday night arrival.
- Look for special bring-a-friend programs. You can also make the most of your time by arriving early in the morning on your first day and leaving late your last day.
Last but not least is to simply enjoy!