Almond is a highly nutritious, effective health-building food both for the body and mind and a valuable food remedy for common ailments. The thin-skinned among the sweet variety is best for use. It is one of the best nut and seed foods. The best way to consume almonds is eating it without the skin.
Almond milk is a very common preparation from almond. Grind blanched almonds to a smooth paste; add sugar and cold boiled water — giving it the consistency of milk for a nutritious, healthy drink rich in vitamins. It is easily digestible than cow’s milk making it an ideal wholesome drink for children. Almond butter is another variation prepared from almonds, beneficial for older people who don’t get enough proteins in their diets. Besides the intake of high calorie protein, other ingredients contained in almonds are easily digestible.
Almond is highly beneficial:
• In preserving the vitality of the brain, strengthening the muscles and prolonging life.
• Face pack made from almond paste mixed with milk cream and rose bud paste is an effective beauty aid.
• Prevents premature appearance of wrinkles, black heads, pimples and dry skin.
• Massage your scalp with a tsp. of almond oil mixed with amla juice and massage over scalp for remedy for falling hair, thinness of hair, dandruff and avoids untimely graying of hair.
• A useful food remedy for anemia as it contains copper, iron and vitamins.
• A handful of almonds, approx 7-10 taken at nighttime with or without hot milk is beneficial in the treatment of constipation.
• Eating almonds regularly will strengthen sexual power and restore sexual vigor.
• Pulverize few leaves of wild almond with water and cream and apply to affected parts with skin diseases. External application of almond oil in case of irritation and itching will ease the pain.
• A tsp. of oil with few drops of fresh white onion juice, ginger juice, taken thrice daily for a fortnight is useful in whooping cough, bronchitis and asthma.