Most people just look in their telephone book or some go on the internet to search for dog behavior training programs. The telephone book is probably quite limited, especially if you live in a small town, and the internet is so vast that it can be overwhelming trying to sort through the information to see what is relevant.
So many companies claim to have the best program. The secret is to narrow your choices down so you end up with the best dog behavior training program for you and your dog.
The first step is to take a good look at who has written this program.
1. Does this person have any real experience with training dogs?
2. Do they have a proven track record with dog training basics?
3. Do they give easy to follow instructions with real solutions, not just vague comments?
4. Do they expect results with methods that are cruelty free and adaptable?
The next step is to see how accessible the program is.
5. Is the program available to you right away? You don’t want to wait weeks to receive your information – you need it now!
6. You will also need to know if the dog behavior training program covers all areas of dog training basics such as:
housebreaking, dealing with aggression, training with praise, jumping problems, biting problems, chewing problems, communication, speed of training, and using food for training. It should also address issues around choosing puppies and raising puppies, as well as advice on different kinds of dogs.
Then you need to know if the dog behavior training program you have chosen is guaranteed.
7. Do they offer a 100% moneyback guarantee?
Lastly you need to know that the program is successful.
8. Can you ask for references or testimonials from others that has used the program?
9. Are they freely and openly giveing you access to these testimonials?
10. Are the testimonial specific and detailed?
If you follow these rules you will be able to find the dog behavior training program that suits your lifestyle, your dog, and yourself.